The question in animal welfare is: Can America stop killing millions of shelter animals?
Our belief at Green Pets America Charities is America CAN.
We believe that American’s are a kind people who love their companion animals.
We believe America no longer accepts the killing of millions of shelter animals every year.
We believe with compassionate leadership America Can end the killing of its homeless animals.
Further, we believe that the present model for animal welfare is broken. It must be updated for the 21st century. We believe that to achieve full adoptions in every community across America our animal industry must partner with each local animal shelter.
Shelters can no longer go it alone. Rescue groups can no longer run their organizations with little to no funding, begging for donations. Each community must come together to care for all the companion animals in its community. Each community must support and sufficiently fund their shelters.
The animal industry in each community can no longer sit on the sidelines, leaving it to welfare groups to do it alone. We believe the 21st century model must therefore be a community partnership model for each community across America. Ever community across America must build a nexus of organizations in their community of retail animal businesses, veterinary professionals, shelters, non-profit rescues, and government entities with the single focus to achieve 95% adoption rates in their community.
Our 5 Core Beliefs.
- America can compassionately care and protect from harm its companion animals
- America can adopt 95% of its healthy shelter animals
- America can adopt all its local rescue group companion animals
- America can feed all its hungry companion animals
- America can help all its seniors, military and families in need with their companion animals
- Gold Star rated by Guide Star and Great Nonprofits the top national non-profit rating associations.
- Rescued and adopted thousands of homeless and shelter dogs and cats.
- Awarded Humanitarian award from State Senate of Georgia.
- Awarded Community Citizen Award from our home base city of Woodstock.
- Forged good strong local and national business relationships.
- Hold monthly Board and community volunteer, advisory group and board meetings.
- Community Town Halls for input and direction on community animal welfare needs.
- We published our groundbreaking animal welfare book “Rescue Renew Rehome” It is available online on Amazon Books and Barnes & Noble, Books a Million and locally at book shops across America. This is a practical guide to show how to develop no-kill full adoption green animal shelters across America to greatly improve the success rate of adoptions in a community.
- Publish a weekly magazine.
- Provide emergency food and medical care programs.
Hello, My name is Steve Monahan and I am the founder and Executive Director of America CAN. and Green Pets America Charities. If you believe as I do that Americans are a kind people who love their companion animals. And you no longer accept the killing of millions of shelter animals every year. And that America CAN with intelligent, selfless and compassionate animal welfare leadership finally end the killing of its shelter and homeless animals then join with us. Please subscribe to our Newsletter.