Green Pets America Charities.
The vision of Green Pets America Charities is to legally secure personhood for all companion animals in America extending to them a right to life.
To that goal Green Pets America has created “CARLA – Companion Animals Right Life Act”. We lobby State by State and Nationally to enact laws that give all companion animals the legal classification of “Personhood”, which will give them protection from harm, cruelty and euthanization without due process of law.
As the Executive Director of Green Pets America Charities we are asked regularly, Do Our Companion Animals Have A Right To Life? Sadly, the answer is. No.
In America our companion animals do not have a right to life.
This must change! And we are working hard and working smart to make it happen.
At green Pets America we believe that our companion animals have a right to life, just as we humans. We must no longer in America categorize companion animals as “Things”. Being classified today legally as “Things” they are worth no value. They can be harmed or killed and it is legal in the eyes of the court.
We believe that our companion animals must be legally granted the classification of “Personhood”. With personhood legal status they can no longer be killed at whim in shelters or by hateful people who have no value for the lives and joy our companion animals bring to us and this world.
Every year 7 million companion animals enter our animals shelters. About 4 million are adopted. And the remaining 3 million? They are euthanized. Why because they have no legal rights. There are no laws to stop euthanizing healthy shelter companion animals. The “Law” says they are merely “things” that can disposed of by the shelters at will. When we pass the Companion Animal Right to Life Act, CARLA setting in place the “Personhood Law” and classify them from things to personhood, then and only then will we stop killing America’s companion animals.
Please Join with green Pets America as we educate, fight and lobby for a right to life for our companion animals.
Please Donate to CARLA Companion Animal Right to Life Act today
Our Top 10 Accomplishments
- Gold Star rated by GuideStar, and top rated by Great Nonprofits, the two top national non-profit rating associations.
- Rescued and adopted thousands of homeless and shelter dogs and cats.
- Awarded Humanitarian award from State Senate of Georgia.
- Awarded Community Citizen Award from our home base city of Woodstock.
- Forged good strong local and national business relationships.
- Hold monthly Board and community volunteer, advisory group and board meetings.
- Created CARLA – Companion Animals Right Life Act.
- We published our best selling and groundbreaking animal welfare book “Rescue Renew Rehome” It is available online on Amazon Books and Barnes & Noble, Books a Million and locally at book shops across America. This is a practical guide to show how to develop no-kill full adoption green animal shelters across America to greatly improve the success rate of adoptions in a community.
- Publish a weekly magazine.
- Provide emergency food and medical care programs.
Hello, My name is Steve Monahan and I am the founder and Executive Director of Green Pets America Charities. If you believe as I do that Americans are a kind people who love their companion animals. And you no longer accept the killing of millions of shelter animals every year. And that America CAN with intelligent, selfless and compassionate animal welfare leadership finally end the killing of its shelter and homeless animals, then join with Green Pets America. Donate to CARLA today.