- We believe that the hope of a better future for our animals and indeed our whole world lies in the hearts and minds of today’s children.
Education as well as rescue is part of our Green Pets America communities strategy to end killing over 4 million animals yearly in America’s animal shelters. We have various education programs including taking Green Pets America rescued dogs into middle schools, high schools and college classrooms. We talk about animal care, homeless animals and how they can help make life better for animals in their community. It is much more that however. We want to have them learn how to work cooperatively, to learn empathy for animals and one another, and learn to be leaders.
Kids just love seeing and petting our rescue dogs and love to tell us about their own pet.
We live today in a new world. An exponentially accelerating changing world. Since the 1800’s that rate of change has accelerated every decade and has now reached exponential rapid change.The old social paradigm was “repetition reinforces repetition” – Think assembly line production, manufacturing and even education of our children.The paradigm shifted dramatically in the late 1980’s s and the world is now suffering through this dramatic change. The new paradigm is the polar opposite of the old repetition, repetition. Change not repetition is the new normal Today change begets new change…rapidly accelerating change. In just 10 years from now children and adults who cannot adjust and contribute to a constantly changing world and society will be marginalized and stuck in dead-end jobs.We are experiencing that already. We must immediately change the Pedagogy of how we educate our children, and the social skills they will need to thrive in this exponentially changing world. We believe we can help our children learn new skills and social interaction skills by tying it into fun animal education as well as social skills education.
Despite the rapid change issues we must deal with in the short-term, the long-term outlook is positive. The future will be a world in which every single person learns how to become a contributor and collaborator and learn the skills; social and functional, to drive change in an exponentially changing world where solutions and opportunities must outpace problems.
Green Pets School Program Mission
Teach and develop children through animals. Focus on the social skills they will need to thrive in the new exponentially changing world.
- Compassion for Animals
- Responsible pet ownership
- Ethical Leadership
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Creativity in career, problem solving and social challenges
- Ethics in life and business
- Empathy for others
Our Children are our hope for a better tomorrow. We are a proud “Partner in Education” participant with the Cherokee County Chamber of Commerce.
Animals in a classroom have shown to dramatically get kids involved in learning. But don’t take my word for it, take look at the results from the 2002 study, “Behavioral effects of the presence of a dog in a classroom.”
- With an animal in the classroom children were less engaged in loud, conspicuous, or troublesome behavior.
- They paid more attention to their teacher, cooperated better, and communicated more intensely with one another.
- Improvements in social behavior were more pronounced in boys than in girls, perhaps because girls showed less boisterous, “rough-and-tumble” activity to begin with.
- The teacher’s authority increased, particularly with respect to certain male students, in the presence of her compliant, obedient dog.
- The teacher continued to bring her dogs to school the following year. She reported that the effects observed in the study were lasting and long-term.
Help Green Pets America Communities create a better world for our children and animals.
[contact-form][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Website’ type=’url’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]